Today we publish the next of our blogs in our 12-week blog series, THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO SELLING YOUR HOME.
CLICK BELOW should you prefer to skip this 12-week educational and proceed straight to a FREE EMAILING of the entire document:
#4: ASK ABOUT THE EXACT SERVICE YOU WILL BE RECEIVING FROM YOUR AGENT WHEN SELLING YOUR HOME
So, you have made appointments with several estate agents to visit your home. You have met them personally and have obtained a valuation of your property from each of them. It is now the time to ensure that each one of them will be marketing your home effectively.
So, ask each agent:
- how long the person has been an estate agent
- how long he or she has lived in your area
- what he or she thinks of your property and the area it is located in
- ask the agent about both the positives and the negatives of your property
- find out what advice he or she has for you to improve on the negatives, i.e. basic cosmetic changes and de-cluttering or more major upgrading
- how he or she envisages presenting the positives of your property effectively in the marketing process
- what technology he or she will be using in presenting your property effectively (photography, videography and/or drone technology)?
- about the marketing mediums and sites he or she will be using to market your property (newspaper, magazines, website, social media, external property listing sites)
- whether the agent may not already have some buyers who may be interested in your property
- about the viewing of your property by potential buyers. It is critical to ask whether the viewing will be facilitated by the agent in person? What time of day are such viewings likely to take place? How long does such a viewing typically take? What notice period you are likely to be given for a viewing?
- whether the agent will handle all the price and other negotiations between you and the potential buyer and
- will the agent assist you in the execution of any suspensive conditions which may be attached to the sale, the arrangement of electrical and other inspections and the actual conveyancing process.
Finally, you must ask the Agent for references and/or testimonials from past Clients.
NEXT WEEK: ASK ABOUT YOUR AGENT’S REAL ESTATE COMMISSION